How To Start And Grow A Home Care Business
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you enjoy helping the elderly? Do you like the idea of helping seniors stay in their homes vs. going to a nursing home? If you answered yes to all of these questions the senior care industry could be a good fit for you! Have questions? We love questions! Our team will take the necessary time to answer all your questions.
What Is Senior Home Care?
Caregivers and Aides perform a critical role in helping those, such as the elderly, who are not chronically ill, yet need assistance with daily activities like bathing, house keeping, personal hygiene, using the toilet, running errands, cooking, etc. The home care services industry is currently a $70 billion industry and is expected to continue to flourish over the next 30 years as the Baby Boomer generation continues to age. Here are some facts about the industry and the role AHI Group plays:
- June 5, 2010 – Eight out of ten Seniors prefer to stay in the comfort and familiar surroundings of their own home; it is called “Aging in Place.”
- August 4, 2012 – The U.S. population of those aged 65 or older was 35 million in 2010. By 2030 that number will grow to 70 million and continue to increase until 2045. Most adult children live hundreds of miles away from their parents, which makes providing care to their parents a challenge.
- January 15, 2014 – AHI Group launches it’s 100th Home Care Agency.
- June 14, 2014 – The US Bureau of Labor stated that, “The home care industry is in its first inning, and explosive growth will happen over the next three decades.”
- January 8, 2015 – The US Bureau of Labor named the Senior Care Industry as having three out of the top 10 job growth markets through to 2025.
- January 7, 2016 – AHI Group launches it’s 200th Home Care Agency.
- December 13, 2017 – AHI Group launches its 300th Home Care Agency.
- May 3, 2018 – Medicare Advantage Insurance Companies announced they will start paying for Long Term Care Services like assistance with activities of daily living to help seniors on their plans stay in their homes for as long as possible and avoid expensive nursing home costs. Payments to start in January 2019. Nineteen million people currently have Medicare Advantage Plans in the US and that number is growing rapidly. In addition, CMS (Medicare) announced it is putting a bill together to fund Long Term Care Services to help seniors stay in their homes and avoid expensive nursing home costs. Sixty million people are currently signed up with Medicare in the US and that number will continue to grow as the senior population grows over the next 20 years. These Medicare announcements are ground breaking. Medicare has traditionally not paid for Long Term Care. Medicaid does pay for Long Term Care but recipients must have only $2,000 in their bank account to qualify.
What Does AHI Group | StartupHomeCare Do?
StartupHomeCare is the business development and training arm of AHI Group, Inc (AHI). AHI is a nationwide membership organization of 300+ independently owned non-medical home care agencies that specialize in providing personal care services to seniors in their homes (or chosen place of residence) to help them avoid going to a nursing home.
Do you want to start and grow a profitable home care business using senior care industry professionals to guide you every step of the way but without the downside of purchasing a franchise? AHI Group, Inc – StartupHomeCare offers a turn-key smart alternative to purchasing a home care franchise. Franchisers are motivated to help their franchisees grow as they impose an across the board royalty on all revenue each franchisee makes. The franchise royalty usually works out to be 1/3 of the franchisee’s take home income. In addition, franchisees are restricted to providing their services only within a small predesignated territory. As a result – some consumers go in the opposite direction and hire home care consultants to avoid the restrictions of a franchise model. However, paying a consultant a one time up front fee to attend one of their seminars means there is no financial motivation for the consultant to help their clients grow after they open their doors for business – resulting in high failure rates.
Why Choose AHI Group | StartupHomeCare?
In 2007, AHI Group founders launched their own non-medical home care business in the most competitive home care market place in the nation – Southern California. The founders were able to grow their business into a multi-million dollar operation. In 2010, AHI Group founders began helping others achieve this same success across the nation.
AHI Group | StartupHomeCare Provides A Turn-Key Smart Alternative To Purchasing A Home Care Franchise
AHI Group offers a Membership model which provides the advantages of BOTH the franchise and consulting models but without the downsides of those models.
The lack of financial motivation to help its customers grow – experienced in the Consulting Model – is solved with our Membership Model as AHI Group’s revenue is tied to its members revenue via its three optional fee based programs. Going to a home care seminar for a few days and then relying on a website forum to post your ongoing support questions and hope someone with the right experience will answer your question correctly (and in a timely manner) is not a recipe for success in today’s home care market place. The facts speak for themselves, and a little digging shows that a large portion of people who pay a one time fee of about $5,000 – $10,000 to do something like this end up out of business in a year or two. Some even get tied up with legal problems that involve civil or criminal charges. Ignorance is no excuse when breaking the law.
Alternatively, AHI Group funds its member’s ongoing support via three optional fee based programs that its members can opt in or out of anytime. If AHI Group Members see value in one or more of the optional fee based programs, they will use them and AHI Group will receive recurring revenue. As each AHI Member’s client base grows in the three optional fee based programs – so does AHI recurring revenue. All other revenue the AHI member makes goes into their pocket with no fees. It’s a win-win scenario with the benefit of an AHI Member having the ability to opt out of any of the three optional programs anytime, if they desire, and continue to get ongoing support to grow their business without paying any more fees to AHI Group.
AHI Group knows that its members will want to use one or more of its three optional fee based programs because they drive growth. However, unlike a franchise, AHI will not force its members to pay ongoing fees and they can opt out of any of the three optional programs anytime. Two of the three optional programs are AHI’s unique Veterans Pension Benefit Program that can help 15 million Veterans and their spouses receive up to $2,169 per month to help pay for their care services. The second opt in program is AHI’s state of the art cloud based Home Care Agency Management Software. The more clients each AHI Member brings to our Veterans Pension Program and our Home Care Management Software, the more revenue AHI makes. AHI is therefore highly motivated to help its members grow. Contact our business development team to learn more about our third fee based optional program that can help your agency grow and save you thousands of dollars a month starting out!
AHI Group Membership model solves the franchise downside of restricting its franchisees to a small territory that may or may not be lucrative. AHI Group allows its members to expand their business in any direction at anytime to follow their leads and referral sources wherever they take them. AHI Group’s Membership model also solves the franchise downside of restricting its franchisees from snapping on similar businesses – like transportation services, assisted living placements, medical alert device sales, or anything else the business owner wishes to add on to their service offering.
THE END RESULT: On average, AHI Group Members can save over $400,000 in net take home profit during their first five years using our Membership Model vs. what they would pay to a franchise. In addition, our AHI Group Members get to have true business ownership by being able to expand their service area as far and wide as they desire – as they continue to grow. Many members have multiple offices in the same state and others are in multiple states – at no additional cost. Flexibility and freedom are the cornerstones of AHI Group’s Membership Model.
Lastly, AHI Members have all the all important ongoing support of our team of former home care agency owners behind them after they open their doors for business. An assigned sales coach who has owned their own million dollar home care agency to hold your hand every step of the way, one-on-one help over the phone with emergency issues that arise, networking with other AHI Members on weekly phone calls to share ideas, etc. These are just a few of the reasons that people choose to spend $50,000 on purchasing a home care franchise territory – they know the value of having seasoned professionals behind them and don’t want to “go cheap” and risk their livelihood by spending $5,000 – $10,000 and expect that will allow them to grow wealth for their family. AHI Group provides all of the above support and much more, funded through its three optional fee based programs.
AHI GROUP GROWTH: AHI Group is the fastest growing non medical home care organization in the nation and has been growing at a steady pace of adding 50 new home care agencies per year for the last 4 years to total over 300 as of December 2017. AHI Group’s five year goal is to grow its membership to 500 home care agencies nationwide over the next four years (which will give it reach into most all metropolitan areas). At that point AHI Group will cease bringing on board new members and drive revenue solely through its optional programs.
HERE ARE SOME KEY PIECES OF INFORMATION TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE STARTING THE PROCESS WITH AHI GROUP | STARTUPHOMECARE:
- We are turn-key smart alternative to purchasing a home care franchise. We give our members all the training, materials, software, and ongoing support from our former home care agency owners they need to be successful.
- We are a Membership Organization – not a franchise.
- Proven system since 2010. AHI Group has developed and supports 300+ member locations across the nation.
- No territory restrictions that stunt growth.
- Pipelines to clients via AHI Group’s innovative programs.
- AHI Group opt-in program fees. No franchise royalties that take a 1/3 of your take home income.
- Lifetime day-to-day superior support from home care professionals who have owned home care agencies.
- Our agencies choose their new company’s name and become a member of AHI Group.
- Training on four additional senior care businesses – i.e. Assisted Living Placements.
- State-of-the-art cloud based software system for managing your agency.
- AHI Group up front fee of $20,000. Financing available.
- Complementary Certified Senior Care Manager Certification© for agency owners. 75% discount on all Certified Senior Care Aide© and Certified Home Health Aide© certifications to attract caregivers in our “caregiver shortage market place.”
Exceptional Support And Programs = Superior Success
Like a franchise, AHI knows that ongoing support is critical to the success of its agencies in that all important first two years of opening their doors for business. A franchise has created a royalty on income to pay for the ongoing support they provide to their franchisees. In order for AHI to provide exceptional day to day ongoing support to its members, it needs sufficient ongoing funds to do that. Those funds come from the three optional fee based AHI programs that its members can opt-in to use. As each member agency grows and uses the optional AHI programs, both the member agency and AHI benefit financially. This gives AHI Group the funds it needs to staff sufficient, quality, resources for the day to day support of its 300+ home care agencies.
AHI Group is therefore dedicated to ensuring its member agencies grow their businesses as AHI recurring revenue is directly tied to the size of each of its member agencies. This is unlike some other consulting organizations who charge a flat monthly fee for “ongoing support” of their clients – which gives little incentive to help their clients grow as they get paid the same no matter if their client is making $40,000 a year or $4 million a year in revenue.Top
Our Member Stories
To view our brochure CLICK HERE or click our FAQ page to view our responses to questions people typically ask us about our organization that has successfully launched, trained, and helped grow 300+ home care agencies nationwide.
Aides and Companions assist seniors and others one-on-one in their homes with activities of daily living (ADLs), which include things like grooming, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, transferring, etc. They also assist clients with medication reminders, meal preparation, transportation, light housekeeping, and other similar non-medical activities that people need assistance with day to day.
Need financing? Click here to get up to $50,000 to finance your new home care business.Top
How Do I Get Into The Senior Care Business?
There are several ways to get into the Senior Care Business; start your own, hire a consultant, buy an existing business, purchase a franchise, or get into a membership organization like AHI Group | StartupHomeCare. Buying a franchise usually means a territory purchase price of $25K-$85K and then 2.5%-7% of your gross sales for as long as you own the franchise. Click here to view regional and national franchises start up costs.Top
What Will It Cost?
Our up front fee is $20,000 which includes comprehensive training on how to operate a successfully home care agency (taught exclusively by people who have started and grown their own home care agencies into multi-million dollar in revenue companies), day to day coaching and support after launching, marketing materials, lead generation programs to get you clients, and much more. You will also need $10,000 – $15,000 to cover your first few months in business expenses (insurance, office space, etc.). See Our Services page for details.
Need financing? If you have a credit score of 710 or higher you are eligible for up to $50,000 in low interest financing assistance. Click here for more information.Top